Sunday, April 27, 2008

Todos deberian leer esto, tu tambien


I said, I want to make stuff like this. 
And so I bided my time and then I graduated with my Ph.D.from Carnegie Mellon, thinking that meant me infinitely qualified to do anything. 
And I dashed off my letters of applications to Walt Disney Imagineering, and they sent me some of the damned nicest go-to-hell letters I have ever gotten. [laughter]
 I mean it was just, we have carefully reviewed your application and presently we do not have any positions available which require your particular qualifications.

 Now think about the fact that you’re getting this from a place that’s famous for guys who sweep the street. [laughter] So that was a bit of a setback. 

But remember, the brick walls are there for a reason. 
The brick walls are not there to keep us out. 
The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people





Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted

No comments:

Post a Comment